iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu_log_function_t

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu_log_function_t
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 12:56:27 +0100

Antoine Schmitt wrote:

Hi,
before API freeze, I would like to suggest one modification for the logging function. In a classical way, it would be cleaner if a client could pass a pointerto its personal data to the iiwu_set_log_function function, so that it is passed back by the log function. This way, it can avoid using globals to remember a datastructure...

--- Proposal :

typedef void (*iiwu_log_function_t)(int level, char* message, void* userData);

  /** iiwu_set_log_function installs a new log function for the
   *  specified level. It returns the previously installed function.
   */
IIWU_SYNTH_API iiwu_log_function_t iiwu_set_log_function(int level, iiwu_log_function_t fun, void* userData);

Whatd'ya think ?

Completely agree. I've made the changes. It's in CVS now.

++ as