Re: [igraph] : Neighborhood function

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] : Neighborhood function
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:05:04 +0200

> Sorry, for failing to explain clearly what to do. Attached follows a PDF that
> shows exactly heuristic that wish to implement (section 4.2).
Section 4.2 is about "real benchmark data", not some heuristic. I don't quite
understand how it is related to your question. However, if you have an edge
attribute named "distance" for each pair of connected vertices, you can simply
get the sum of "distance" attributes for the edges incident on a specific
vertex using the strength() function. (It is called graph.strength() in R,
strength() in Python and igraph_strength() in C).