Re: [igraph] : Neighborhood function

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] : Neighborhood function
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:51:48 +0200

Hi,

>  I would like you to help to solve the following problem. I need to calculate
>  the sum of all distances of a vertex " i " to all its k neighbors.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean -- surely, if some vertex j is
a neighbor of i, then the distance of i and j is 1 (otherwise they wouldn't be
neighbors, would they?), so you simply need the degree of each vertex.

Or do you actually mean that the vertices are embedded in some k-dimensional
space and you have some kind of a distance function that tells the "actual"
distance of any two vertices?