help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] SVCD from nupple video

From: Eric Jorgensen
Subject: [VCDImager] SVCD from nupple video
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 16:33:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

This is slightly off-topic, but does anyone have any
experience creating SVCDs from a wintv card under
Linux?  I'm using nuppel video (I believe the only way
to go to MPG instead of DIVX) to grab video from the
card.

I'm using nuvrec, and while the default width and
height is fine for a regular VCD, I'm wanting to
create a SVCD.  So here is the command line I'm using:

nuvrec -n -t 5 -W 480 -H 480 output

However, I'm getting really bad audio chopping.  After
reading the usage, I added "-y 4" to see if that would
help (creating bigger audio buffers).  Nope, and I
even tried 16:

nuvrec -n -t 5 -W 480 -H 480 -y 16 output

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of
setup?  Or is there a better way to grab video and
write it to SVCDs than using nuppel?

Thanks!

Eric