[help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output

From: Alper Ersoy
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:28:09 +0200

Karl Berry:
>     However, it's neither block nor inline element in the DTD,
>     thus having a rater restricted context, contrary to the
>     documentation.

> I think it should be both?  At least, @image might occur as a display on
> its own, or in the middle of a paragraph.  Alper?

Hmm, XML that's almost no problem.

For HTML, inline images already work.  Maybe we should put block
images inside <div class="block-image"> elements.

For Docbook, makeinfo should generate an <inlinegraphic> instead of an
<imageobject> (inside an <informalfigure>).

For Info, I'm not sure.  Maybe put the text image in brackets?

For example, if HTML, XML and Docbook uses ``smiley.png'',
and one writes

    $ echo 'smiley' > smiley.txt

then Info could display ``[smiley]'' inline, if, and only if
a paragraph is open.  Sounds ok?

Since we disable filling for text images, it will be author's
responsibility to take care of paragraph flow with long pieces
of text.

--
Alper Ersoy