[help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output

From: Alper Ersoy
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:38:44 +0200

Ferenc Wagner:
> But validity issues cropped up:

You don't have to listen to them really. :)

> * verbatim is not allowed in item (markup-commands.texi:262)

I think verbatim should be included in %block; instead of
%section.level?.content;.  That will fix the problem.

> * (subsub)heading is not allowed in quotation (refman.texi:10240)

I'm not sure about how to handle this.  Why do you need it for?

> * image is pretty unusable (no wonder), but I'd like to use
>   it and wonder whether block or inline context would be the
>   most appropriate for it.

makeinfo can decide if the image is inline by the state of
paragraph_is_open.  Once this change is in, you can force
it to render the image inline by using @indent or @noindent
(which implicitly start paragraphs.)

>   The images are represented by
>   @html -- @end html blocks in the source, which I change to
>   @xml -- @end xml, and those parts don't get a <para>
>   container when found inside an <item> (AFAICT).

As Karl pointed out, I think @indent or @noindent may help you
with this one.  If not, some input is welcome. :)

> For now I modified the texinfo.dtd to allow all the above,
> but a more well-thought solution would probably be much
> better.

Feel free to play with texinfo.dtd.  Actually, you obviously need to
do so due to home brew <separate/> elements. ;)

> As for one, I'm not sure wheter the input is
> perfectly valid .texi or not...

If makeinfo does not complain, we have to assume it's valid. :)

--
Alper Ersoy