[help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:44:55 +0100

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

>     I included your address because I didn't get a reply from
>     the help-texinfo list, so I'm not sure if it works.
>
> Yes, help-texinfo works (Alper is on the list).  Sorry for
> the lack of a reply before.

No, your reply was absolutely in-time, or rather fairly
fast.  It's just I don't get any mail from the help-texinfo
list, except for my own posts.  That's to say, I don't get
the Cc:-s from the lists, only your direct mails.

>     * image is pretty unusable (no wonder),
>
> ?

Excuse my ignorance, I carried this false judgement over
from an old version, it's in a much better shape in CVS.
However, it's neither block nor inline element in the DTD,
thus having a rater restricted context, contrary to the
documentation.

>       @xml -- @end xml, and those parts don't get a <para>
>       container when found inside an <item> (AFAICT).
>
> @xml code gets included literally, that's what it's for
> after all.  Maybe you need to insert a @noindent or
> @indent command to tell makeinfo a paragraph is starting?

Now that you pointed it out, it suddenly started to make
sense... :)

> Without seeing the actual input, hard to say.

This whole business is becoming more and more hackish, so
I'd rather not show you the details.  But based on your
guidance I will try to do it the right way, and come back
later if failed again.
--
Best wishes,
Feri.