help-gnu-music

Re: [Help-gnu-music] Lilypond error

From: Helgi Örn
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-music] Lilypond error
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:35:44 +0200

Thank you David for your interesting input.

I have earlyer been surfing all over the net looking for everything on sound &
musik in Linux, and I've understood that there are a lot of things going on.
But all my attempts to run some of the applications that were of interest for
me were useless, everything just crashed and there was never any midi. Now it
seems like Lilypond and Timidity are at least properly installed, I just have
to figure out how to use these things. I use the keyboard shortcuts in Sibelius
so keyboarding doesn't frighten me, and I'm in love with the monster Emacs.
And for the first time I got MIDI running with at least one MIDI-player, the
others move as if playing but don't make any sound, guess it's just a matter of
some minor tweaking (after finding out what the problem is..:o).

Greetings,
Helgi Örn

--

       Helgi Örn <address@hidden>