help-gnu-music

Re: [Help-gnu-music] Lilypond error

From: Helgi Örn
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-music] Lilypond error
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:48:29 +0200

Hi David,

You were right, I didn't start Lily with an argument, I know practically
nothing about how to use it. I do have a whole bunch of documents downloaded
from the web but it has obviously not made me any smarter. I have never been
able to find out what music-software to use in Linux, I am a musician and a
composer, the only software I've used as an aid to make music is Sibelius in
Windows. But I don't like working in Windows at all, I am a devoted Linux user
since one year back.
I need to be able to write sheet music for printing and have the possibility to
convert them to MIDI to listen to them.

Do you write the music in an editor or do you do that in Lilypond?

The Lilypond Tutorial starts with an example on a notation of a Bach piece, one
recommends to begin at once with experimenting, but I can't find anything on
how to invoke the program or 'where' to write the script. Cryptic? Yes, to me
it is....:o/

Greetings,
Helgi Örn

--