help-gnats

compiling gnats 4.0 beta 2

From: Steve Friedman
Subject: compiling gnats 4.0 beta 2
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:42:45 -0500 (EST)

What version compiler and makeinfo was the beta built with as it seems
that my toolset has problems with the code. I compiled with gcc 2.96-81
and texinfo-4.0-20 on a redhat 7.1 system and received the following
errors:

- md5.c: numerous warnings that the function-like macros "FG", "FH", and
"FI" must be used with arguments in traditional C

- floatformat.c: In file included from /usr/include/math.h:350,
                 from floatformat.c:21:
/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `__sgn1l':
/usr/include/bits/mathinline.h:469: warning: traditional C rejects automatic
aggregate initialization

- starting at gnats.texi:2034 (with an "Unknown command `verbatim')
numerous syntax errors until makeinfo just gave up on the input.

Steve Friedman
ADSI, Inc.