Re: [Help-glpk] Solving a large LP problem

From: Samik Raychaudhuri
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Solving a large LP problem
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:24:08 -0400

Hi Andrew,
I am working on trying to find the point where glpsol crashes. I'll update you once I am able to come up with something.
Many thanks.
-Samik

On 7/13/2004 1:43 PM, Andrew Makhorin wrote:

The last one I solved successfully had 1453 rows and 3200 cols before
presolve in a MPS file. glpsol solved it like a snap.

Do you mean that glpsol failed on other lp instances of moderate size
(say, 2000 rows and 4000 cols)?

I also have compiled the package from scratch with the latest source code on an AIX box using gcc 3.3.3.
Any other thing you want me to check?

Glpsol successfully solved big lp instances like yours (and even
bigger), so I think it is some stupid bug. Ideally I need to know a
point in glpsol.c where it crashes. You also can try `--nopresol'
option.

How big your mps file if it is gzipped? Can you make it available for
downloading via ftp?

Andrew Makhorin