Re: [Health] [HEALTH] Problems with importing translation files in a VBo

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health] [HEALTH] Problems with importing translation files in a VBox installation
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 07:50:58 +0200

On 11 Jun 22:54, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Dear Emilien
>
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:59:19 +0200
> Emilien Klein <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Constantine,

> > > P.S.
> > >
> > > Also, IMHO, if anyone can, it would be highly desirable to
> > > pre-package all this in a deb package-based distro and not in an
> > > OpenSUSE environement :-D
> >
> > GNU Health has been packaged for Debian, with version 2.4.1 currently
> > available in Debian Testing.
> > But there are several issues that looks like that I'm going to remove
> > the package from the Debian archive in the coming 2 weeks, namely
> > version conflicts with Tryton which renders the package
> > unbuildable/uninstallable in Debian sid for 2/3 of the year.
> This does not make sense.
>
> In a similar manner that python2 and python3 can co-exist on the
> same system, you can perfectly have two versions of Tryton or GNU
> Health.

For now, it is not really possible to have 2 different series of Tryton
installed on the same «site-packages». That's the problem of Debian
packages. But I think Debian packager could provide 2 packages (not
installable both together) or more packages for each supported Tryton
series. This will allow for those who have installed GNU Health to stay
on the old series until the support of the new series came out. It will
also give more flexibility to the user to stick on a specific series for
a while instead of forcing everyone to upgrade.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden