h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards

From: mattij . lammi
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:58:52 +0300 (EEST)

Micha? Mas?owski address@hidden kirjoitti:
> I think we need to be specific about which kind of card is prevented. A
> common one is wifi. But one which prohibits new wifi cards does not
> necessarily prohibit other kinds of cards.

We need to be specific about the slot, this restriction typically
applies to a mini-PCI or mini-PCI-E cards (of one slot only?).  External
USB cards can be "installed".

We might refer to only internal slots in the question and add an answer
of "no (there are no connectors for them)".

An obvious implementation of this restriction wouldn't accept non-wifi
cards, checking only the vendorid:productid pair.

Hi, this is lammi87.

What ever approach we choose, we must add a link next to the question which takes the user to our wiki where she can find really specific instructions about how to answer it and what do we meen by these cards, ofcource.