h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] restrictions to installation of cards
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:20:22 -0400

Antonio Gallo <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, I hasn't noticed your reply.. so we can let the user specify
> the problem in the description entry (slot or category of hardware) or
> add a second entry. In the last case we could ask to specify the slot
> where some restrictions are applied. Perhaps the best choice would be
> to specify card and slot, if known.
>
> Another option would be to add a totally free text entry named:
>
> "does exist any restriction related to the substitution of some inner
> device?" (to find the best sentence here, sorry for my bad English)
>
> with the following notice below (similar to the ones used for the model name
> and other names entries):
>
> "an example: it prevents the installation of cards not-approved by the
> vendor. Please specify the type of restriction, the slot used and the
> category of hardware substituted and any other relevant detail"

It's a very known problem that some laptops don't allow unapproved wifi
cards to be installed. It seems like because of that, it should be a
dedicated field rather than a free-form text description.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.