gzz-dev

Re: Cannot run (was: Re: [Gzz] Tuukka 2002-08-28 (0.8alpha1 released))

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: Cannot run (was: Re: [Gzz] Tuukka 2002-08-28 (0.8alpha1 released))
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:36:15 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>
> > I get the following on both kaffe and IBM Java:

I've tested with Blackdown's 1.3.1. I've also tried with kaffe and it gets
past that, I think, as it doesn't fail before this, triggered by bug in
Kaffe's SecureRandom.nextInt(int).

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "Gzz.py", line 79, in ?
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: index = -62, length=64

> > Traceback (innermost last):
> > File "gzz/slices/YAMLVersionFormatter.py", line 31, in ?
> > NameError: VersionFormat

Seen this earlier, it's probably a bug in some search path or such. I've
been stupid with gzz.control.Main so you can't change python's path, but
you could try something with java's classpath.

> > File "Gzz.py", line 51, in ?
> > ImportError: cannot import name YAMLVersionFormat
> > Traceback (innermost last):
> > File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> > ImportError: no module named Gzz

I don't know if something could be done to gzz.control.Main that we
wouldn't get this last false line on every error.

> This happens when running from the .jar, but not when unzipping the jar
> first.

What kind of a system do you try it on? Could you also try on a Mac?

Thanks,
Tuukka

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden