gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: urn-5 article

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: urn-5 article
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:17:47 +0200

Tuomas Lukka wrote:

http://www.maol.ch/irc/egg2html.php?channel=gtk-gnutella&date=16Jun2002

That's more helpful, thanks! Ok, I'll look into this (it's *still* pretty hard to find actual stuff on this unfortunately, but easier now). -- The homepage of gtk-gnutella says the newest version supports entering urn:sha1's, btw.

They're base32-- have to think about whether/how to support that.

Well, I meant like: "Globally unique ids are this (ref); examples include URIs, IP addresses, (...). Ids that are not globally unique include HTML anchors, (...)." So references to prior work that is somehow similar is exactly the point IMHO.

But maybe starting more generally with identification, and then about
how globality has become important now that the net makes places around
the world accessible.

Sounds good!

- Benja