guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: mikadoZero
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:34:57 -0400

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>   • The graphical installer has been merged (yay!) but we still need to
>     discuss it in the manual and to test it some more.

I was just going to install Guix SD on another system.  So I could try
the installer.  I could also try my hand at texinfo and do some
documentation of the graphical installer.

>   • “GuixSD” has been removed from the web site and from almost all of
>     the source code.  Still need to fix the file names that appear in
>     Makefile.am.

Is it to be changed to "Guix SD"?

Greping the Guix repo it looks like “GuixSD” is in documentation (in
different languages) and source code comments.

What should be done when it is part of something more important like
file paths, variable name or command line argument?

I can start with the doc directory.