guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:32:33 +0100

Ludo',

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
• The graphical installer has been merged (yay!) but we still need to
    discuss it in the manual and to test it some more.

The last time I tried the installer it didn't work on AMD(GPU) cards. I'll give it another go.

• “GuixSD” has been removed from the web site and from almost all of the source code. Still need to fix the file names that appear in
   Makefile.am.

Sounds trivial enough (hah) for me to do this evening, but then that's true for anybody.

• I think we should add ‘guix install’, ‘guix remove’, and ‘guix
    upgrade’.

Hmmm… m.  What would these do?

Thanks for keeping this ball rolling in the air with your eye on it,

T G-R