guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 13:53:18 +0100

Hello!

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>   • The graphical installer has been merged (yay!) but we still
>> need to
>>     discuss it in the manual and to test it some more.
>
> The last time I tried the installer it didn't work on AMD(GPU) cards.
> I'll give it another go.

Was that because of kmscon?

In the meantime I worked a bit on the “System Installation” section to
have a new “Guided Graphical Installation” subsection and to move the
bits that were previously under “Manual Installation”:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=e1c15e8b8e25e14c253ff1212e289565736f6ea7

>>  • “GuixSD” has been removed from the web site and from almost  all
>> of
>>    the source code.  Still need to fix the file names that    appear
>> in
>>    Makefile.am.
>
> Sounds trivial enough (hah) for me to do this evening, but then that's
> true for anybody.

I ended up doing that:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=13f62aef2d87dc888f89fea3260eaa39938e6640

Yeah I know, I picked the easy tasks.  :-)

>>   • I think we should add ‘guix install’, ‘guix remove’, and   ‘guix
>>     upgrade’.
>
> Hmmm… m.  What would these do?

Basically aliases for ‘guix package -i’ etc.

Ludo’.