gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] autostart on Debian

From: steve
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] autostart on Debian
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 00:02:01 +0000 (UTC)

I would suggest a much easier solution that is portable across different distros.   Use supervisord.   It is very simple and will do more than just start your service.  It will rotate the logs.  It will restart your service if it crashes.  It will manage a second service for you the same ini-like configuration file.  It has a simple commandline to manage your services.     Pretty much every distro supports supervisord

Supervisor: A Process Control System — Supervisor 3.3.1 documentation