gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz

From: Robin Schwab
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:29:02 +0200

Am 15.08.2016 um 15:43 schrieb Miroslav Lichvar:
FWIW, chrony works much better in such conditions. Here are some
graphs from one of my machines when ntpd and chronyd were running with
polling interval of 8 seconds and operated in similar conditions.

http://i.imgur.com/0ma3Bdj.png
http://i.imgur.com/zh1YTia.png

Dear Miroslav
This is really a great result with chrony, much better than what I ever got with ntpd. Is it reproducible for days?

As far as I understand chronys documentation they use fancy statistics to guess which data is bad. They too do not make use of the GPS TDOP data. Sad.

However if chrony is the better NTPd what's the purpose of the new NTPsec?

Regards

Robin