gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Must first run gpsmon...

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Must first run gpsmon...
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:19:09 +0100

Hi,

Debian Jessie (latest stable) is the OS.  I have seven identical
machines, all with the same issue.  To get ntp to "see" the GPS data I
have to first run gpsmon.  Once that is done ntp will sync time using
the attached GPS.  I believe this is a serial port config issue.  What
do I need to do so that everything works on start-up?

Thank you,
Gary

Gary,

There some changes recently which stopped things from working as expected. I have some notes (likely now out of date and possibly incomplete) here:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-quickstart.html#stand-alone

I've seen the same problem and now everything restarts as expected.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden