gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] gnulib-tool vs pygnulib: application vs module

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] gnulib-tool vs pygnulib: application vs module
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 03:01:27 +0400

Hi Bruno,

thank you very much for these wiki pages! They really do life much easier. I'm honored to have such a mentor.
I've written some answers inside "Architecture" wiki page until "Support for conditional dependencies". However at the end of page there is some useful information too.

Thanks again for your work!

2012/5/5 Bruno Haible <address@hidden>
Hi Dmitriy,

> OK, I think the best idea will be to plan and
> construct classes with a view of the further changes.

To this effect, I have created a wiki page
 https://github.com/ghostmansd/gnulib-python/wiki/Architecture
that explains this architecture and mentions a couple of ideas,
where Python classes could be useful.

Another use of classes is to group some of the global variables
together. This wiki page:
 https://github.com/ghostmansd/gnulib-python/wiki/GlobalVariables
is more a skeleton for you, so you can keep an overview on the
structure that you are giving to this set of variables.

I'm sure you will have many more ideas.

Don't hesitate to edit these wiki pages. If you want to make it
clear which parts comes from whom, we can work with some markers
in the text: [DS] are comments from you, [BH] are comments from me.

Bruno