Re: [open-cobol-list] Strange Terminal output

From: Paride Desimone
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Strange Terminal output
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:10:14 +0000

Il 07/02/2013 19:23 Jeffrey Chimene ha scritto:

The console emulator is gnome terminal.
The second technique ("... directly out of gnome") spawns gnome terminal which then starts your shell (bash) which then runs your COBOL program.

"directly out of gnome", I intend, without X, directly from tty.

        "REMOTE" "Deploy remote"  OFF \
    3>&1 1>&2 2>&3
Yes, it draw lines...

Good. However, that means the issue is with the particular character set chosen by your program. I'm over my head from here though. I don't spend
enough time w/ OC to debug character set issues.

You might try orienting gnome terminal to your program, rather than your
program to gnome terminal. By this I mean cycling through the various
character sets until you get a match. Don't bother with the "directly
out of gnome" technique until you've figured out the gnome terminal
settings.

Ok, Thank you.

Paride
--
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCC6CA35C690431D3

Chi e' pronto a rinunciare alle proprie liberta' fondamentali per comprarsi briciole di temporanea sicurezza non merita ne' la liberta' ne' la sicurezza.(Benjamin Franklin - dalla Risposta al Governatore, Assemblea della Pennsylvania, 11 novembre 1755)