Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Olaf Buddenhagen
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 04:31:51 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 11:39:31AM +0100, Garreau, Alexandre wrote:

[...]
> Hence it???s not a compromise between ???not calling it GNU??? and
> ???calling it GNU???: they???re completely contradictory,

But that's a false dichotomy: the relevant question is not "do we call
it GNU System or not?", but rather, "how do we call it to best promote
the goals of the GNU project?" This question allows for much more
nuancing; and the various opinions expressed in this thread indeed
reflect this -- so reducing them to a dichotomy can never produce an
accurate summary of the situation.

-antrik-