Re: Democratic Leadership

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: Democratic Leadership
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 15:42:44 +0000

> So software freedom might not need democratic structures to survive, but
> I believe that the GNU project does.

Unfortunately, democratic procedures are easily hijacked, especially in
small communities.  I would be skeptical of the GNU project's ability to
maintain a steady, positive direction towards its original goals if it
were to be subjected to a free democratic process at all levels of its
decision-making.  Some nefarious government, corporation or other
organization could easily enact a long-term plan to subjugate the
project towards its own needs, if all it needed to do was fill our ranks
with toadies who would vote in its favor.

Yours in paranoia and distrust,
-brandon

--
Brandon Invergo