Re: Democratic Leadership

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Democratic Leadership
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 03:39:10 -0500

  >   Some nefarious government, corporation or other
  > organization could easily enact a long-term plan to subjugate the
  > project towards its own needs, if all it needed to do was fill our ranks
  > with toadies who would vote in its favor.

Even in the absence of such a plan, the sheer numbers of people in our
community who support open source rather than free software would lead
them to take over by and by.

GNU package maintainers are appointed to do a technical job; we don't
choose them based on support for the free software movement or ability
as political strategists.  They are not the people to consult about
such questions.

I've include others in the decisionmaking for GNU in recent years, and
I'm looking for ways to delegate more to specific people I will
choose.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation