gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] How to replace Sun JCE+BouncyCastle with GNU JCE+BouncyCast

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [GNU Crypto] How to replace Sun JCE+BouncyCastle with GNU JCE+BouncyCastle?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:06:05 -0500

Greetings all!

We have an app that currently uses BouncyCastle through the standard Sun JCE interface. We would like to switch to gnu-crypto, but we need some algorithms that the gnu-crypto JCE provider doesn't support, so we still want to use BouncyCastle as the provider.

I have put the gnu crypto jars (javax-crypto and javax-security) earlier in the classpath than the JRE versions. I have tried it with and without gnu-crypto in the classpath. The app builds, but when I try to run it I get this exception:

java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1EncodableVector"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

Is it a known limitation that only the gnu-crypto JCE provider can be used at this time? If so, that should probably be added to the docs. Otherwise, any suggestions or things I should try?

I'm not subscribed to the list yet, so please CC me with any replies.

Thanks much,

Kevin