[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 00:05:20 +0200

Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> writes:

> On 31 Jul 2005 18:20:13 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:
>> > (arguably serious). Since I want to use the old behaviour, some
>> > shortcut like -S may be nice. (Actually, I would rather use a more
>> > intuitive --all for this, but it is already taken...)
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you clarify what you mean
>> by "the old behaviour"?
>
> I meant abrowse lists all branches. I can't say rbrowse was in wide use.
> If this change is essential, I suggested to add a short option.

Perhaps changing the default would be better (I didn't change this
particular point), and providing a --hide-sealed instead.

> I hoped it includes more cases, so suggested "--touching". If removes,
> renames and permission changes are not included, then "--modifying"?..

I'd go for --modifying, and add a --renaming if someone feels the need
for it.

> If you may place your baz binary for i386-linux somewhere, then I
> will be able to test your changes and give more feedback (tomorrow).

You can take the upstream baz 1.5, since I've merged all my changes.
The daily build is one patch behind the archive as I write this.

Otherwise, I'm putting my binary here (but it may not work if you have
a different configuration from mine):

  http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/tmp/baz

--
Matthieu