Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:14:21 +0000

On 31 Jul 2005 18:20:13 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> This is done.

Thank you.

> >>   --show-sealed            Do not hide sealed branches
> >
> > This is a change in behaviour
>
> I didn't touch this in rbrowse actually.
>
> > (arguably serious). Since I want to use the old behaviour, some
> > shortcut like -S may be nice. (Actually, I would rather use a more
> > intuitive --all for this, but it is already taken...)
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you clarify what you mean
> by "the old behaviour"?

I meant abrowse lists all branches. I can't say rbrowse was in wide use.
If this change is essential, I suggested to add a short option.

> >>   -m, --modified FILE      Show revisions modifying FILE
> >
> > --affecting, --touching?
>
> Why not. I've stolen the option name from fai, but I'm not 100%
> satisfied with it.
>
> > I mean, are the file renames included here?
>
> No, they aren't.

I hoped it includes more cases, so suggested "--touching". If removes,
renames and permission changes are not included, then "--modifying"?..

> >>   -C, --cacherevs          show cached revisions
> >>   --desc                   implies -s -c -D -k -C
> >
> > Hmm, this last bit is a change in behaviour too.
>
> ?
>
> I've cloned abrowse on that point. What's the difference?

Yes, now I see that this was changed in baz-1.4. So in order to better
support it, I need to list individual options instead of --desc anyway.

If you may place your baz binary for i386-linux somewhere, then I
will be able to test your changes and give more feedback (tomorrow).

Regards,
Mikhael.