[Gnu-arch-users] Obsoleting abrowse

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Obsoleting abrowse
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:15:25 +0200

With the lasest modifications I've made to baz 1.5, abrowse is mostly
a subset of rbrowse. The main strong point of abrowse was that it
displayed the log information as it fetched it while rbrowse did it
version per version, but rbrowse now does as abrowse.

One difference in the UI is that

  baz abrowse address@hidden

considers address@hidden as an archive name, while
rbrowse considers it as a regexp to match version names with. You have
to type

  baz rbrowse address@hidden/

to do the equivalent. This can hardly be changed because the left hand
side of the '/' can be a URL, like in

  baz rbrowse http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/arch/public/bazaar--devo--1.5

And in this case, we _do_ want the last slash of the argument to be
the separator between the archive and the version.

(BTW, since baz 1.4's abrowse is broken when specifying archive
names[1], and no one complained, I guess either this is not a serious
issue, or everybody use abrowse and no one use rbrowse).

address@hidden/bazaar--abrowse-deprecated--1.5
  Located at: https://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/arch/public

Deprecates abrowse in favor of rbrowse. Any objection to merge this in
upstream before the 1.5 release?

Thanks,

--
Matthieu