[Gnu-arch-users] A few interesting features of baz 1.5

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] A few interesting features of baz 1.5
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:50:16 +0200

Hi,

I've merged a few small, but interesting changes on bazaar upstream.
Here's a preview of what can be done:

# Not strictly necessary, but this helps ...
$ cat \{arch}/+upstream
address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5

# This is what you could already do before
$ baz missing -s `cat \{arch}/+upstream`

# Now, you can also do this:
# "What are the local patch that upstream didn't merge yet?"
baz missing -s --from `cat \{arch}/+upstream`
address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5--base-0
    tag of address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.4--patch-71
address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5--patch-27
    Merged from upstream

# I use a number of branches for bazaar development. Keeping track of
# what has been merged or not can be a pain.
# "What are the patches in my archive, in version 1.5 of bazaar that
# upstream didn't merge?"
$ baz missing -s --from `cat \{arch}/+upstream` \
      `baz rbrowse --versions 'address@hidden/bazaar--.*--1.5'`
address@hidden/bazaar--a-test-for-file-history--1.5--base-0
    tag of address@hidden/bazaar--file-history--1.5--patch-9
address@hidden/bazaar--a-test-for-file-history--1.5--patch-1
    baz mv commands/logs.c commands/renamed-logs.c
address@hidden/bazaar--a-test-for-file-history--1.5--patch-2
    echo '/* useless comment */' >> commands/renamed-logs.c
address@hidden/bazaar--archive-mirror--1.5--base-0
    tag of address@hidden/bazaar--revision-list--1.4--patch-23
address@hidden/bazaar--archive-mirror--1.5--patch-2
    tag of address@hidden/package-framework--devo--1.4--patch-2
address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5--base-0
    tag of address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.4--patch-71
address@hidden/bazaar--devo--1.5--patch-27
    Merged from upstream
address@hidden/bazaar--error-messages--1.5--patch-5
    Merged from upstream

The last command is made possible by three changes:
 1) baz missing accepts multiple versions
 2) baz missing has a --from option
 3) baz rbrowse has a --versions option
It was a real pain to get the same results without those.

Do you like the features? Do you like the UI? (feedback appreciated,
as always)

--
Matthieu