[Gnu-arch-users] Sending log by email (was Re: ARCH_LOG)

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Sending log by email (was Re: ARCH_LOG)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:00:42 +0200

Miguel de Benito <address@hidden> writes:

>   I've been using bazaar for a while now, and something I missed was full
> log reports sent with the hook for each commit. Maybe I've missed
> something,

I've just created a page describing the setup I'm using to send email
automatically, here:

  http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/arch/email-hook.html

> but wouldn't an ARCH_LOG environment variable be nice?

It would, but it's helpfull only if the mail is sent from the commit
hook, which is not always desirable as I explain above.

> So I went to src/baz/libarch/commit.c and changed in arch_commit():
>
>   arch_run_hook("commit", blabla...)

>   arch_run_hook ("commit", "ARCH_ARCHIVE", arch->official_name,
>   "ARCH_REVISION", revision, "ARCH_TREE_ROOT", tree->root, "ARCH_LOG",
>   cooked_log, 0);

Sounds reasonable. I'll apply this to 1.5, thanks.

--
Matthieu