[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: [HEY TOM!] unhelpful error for unreadab

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: [HEY TOM!] unhelpful error for unreadable directories
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:48:43 +0200

* Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> [Apr 27, 2004 19:50]:
> > Yes, I agree with you.  I gave up a long time ago on having ' in my font
> > as a straight line and tilted it to work better with GNU output.  I have
> > come to like it, but hopefully this will be taken care of once the
> > utilities move to more unicode enabled font friendly output and I can
> > revert to a straight line.
>
> That happened about five years ago.

Hm, you're right...or sort of right anyway.  gettext has support for
using this, enabled by setting $LANGUAGE to either "address@hidden" or
"address@hidden".  Too bad no one includes these in their po/LINGUAS files or
it would actually work.  The only tool that do this on my system is
gettext itself.  Did you mean something else?
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::