[Gnu-arch-users] Re: (tree root id?)

From: Ben Burns
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: (tree root id?)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:36:45 +0200

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 12:10, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 00:28, Ben Burns wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to find out if the tree root can have an arch id tag like any
> > other file and directory in the source tree. I have heard arch does not
> > use it. If not, how can arch know that a downstream source has moved a
> > directory to the tree-root? So that any file or directory added to the
> > upstream directory would be included in merges in the downstream's tree
> > root.
>
> I thought I'd add to the previous discussion: you might like to write a
> test case or two for the arch test suite, that attempt to do the things
> you cannot currently do. That would give casual hackers something to aim

I wrote a test case that demonstrates what I mean...

Its in:
archive: http://sourcecontrol.net--2004/~bburns/address@hidden
version: address@hidden/tla--root-id--1.3

> for :). Hmm, we don't have expected fail tests yet though. :/.
I echo a message to stderr if the test fails or not rather than cause the
testsuite to fail....  That should be enough for anyone interested, without
being disruptive to anyone else.

Thanks,
Ben