[Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Untagged files should always be warning (was: In

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Untagged files should always be warning (was: In which case does tla tree-lint issue an error for missing ID ?)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:51:32 +0200

Harald Meland <address@hidden> writes:

> [Matthieu Moy]
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm filling-in the page
>> http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Tla_20Reference_2f_2d_2dstrict of the
>> wiki.
>>
>> in proj-tree-lint.c,  function arch_print_tree_lint_report, I  can see
>> two different cases :
>>
>> * lint->warning_files,  displaying the message  "These files  would be
>>   source but lack inventory ids (`tla add' or a tagline perhaps?):"
>>
>> * lint->untagged_files, displaying the  message "These apparent source
>>   files lack inventory ids:", and raising either a warnint or an error
>>   depending on the tagging method.
>>
>> Question: What is the difference between the two cases ? In which case
>> does this raise an error ? (I haven't been able to raise one !)
>
> My guess is that with e.g. "untagged-source precious", which is part
> of the current "tla id-tagging-defaults" output, you would indeed be
> unable to produce these warnings/errors.

Was my  guess too, but  even changing this  line, I couldn't  find the
configuration in which this would be  an error. There must be one, but
I can't find it !

Anyway, with  the strategy "Keep it  simple", I think  tla should just
decide once and  for all that untagged source is a  warning and not an
error.

(Unless  someone can  give  a valid  motivation  to differentiate  the
two, ...)

--
Matthieu