Re: [Gnu-arch-users] version aliases

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] version aliases
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:04:03 -0400

In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 01:14:35PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>>
>> You have to be careful if you want to propose ideas but not dig into
>> details.   On the one hand, such input is very valuable --- it turns
>> up (retrospectively) easy and obvious enhancements to add.   On the
>> other hand, you have to watch out for getting in to "you want a pony
>> with that?" mode..... i.e., asking for a "colorless green leaf" or a
>> "room temperature solid water".   Good kibbitzing is hard.
>
> Completely pointless nitpicking:
>
> If the room is cold enough or if the wate is under high enough
> pressures, "room temperature solid water" is perfectly possible. Though
> admittedly not all that useful for practical use.

Even more pointless, allow me to nit's nits:

As the pressure on H2O is increased, its more resiliant to solidifying,
not less. If you're looking for "room temp" solid water by modifying
pressure, you need to *lower* the pressure.

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!