Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:33:35 +0900

Try http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/bittorrentecon.pdf.

    Evan> Another interesting exercise is to enter the queries
    Evan> [gnutella "can't scale"] and [bittorrent "can't scale"] into
    Evan> Google. The first produces about 500 results; the second
    Evan> produces 12, and all of those are because BitTorrent is
    Evan> linked on a page discussing how other things don't scale.

Well, I have a one-line proof that BitTorrent doesn't scale in the
application I'm interested in (object discovery): it doesn't do it at
all.  ;-)

Jokes aside, my immediate impression was related to what Andrew said
about Debian.  Ie, I can think of situations where it won't help, but
it sure does look like BitTorrent does what it's designed to do very
well, and won't hurt perceptibly in other cases.