Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file annotate

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file annotate
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:05:29 +0900 (JST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:36:47 +0100, Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> said:

> [...]
>
> >> I know that there is no equivalent of "cvs annotate".
>
> [...]
>
> > ViewARCH has just the feature.
>
> Is there any plan to support it in tla itself ?

Indeed. I think we should have it in tla itself.

My long term plan is:

  1. factor out "cache generator + valis" from ViewARCH.

  2. add a "deep survey mode" to the cache generator which
       traverses each archives ancestry when making caches.

  3. cleanup source code.

  4. rewrite by C ( or... pika ? :)

  5. define ViewARCH's cache format more explicitly in Japanese.
  5'. translate it in English.

( 6. add some plug-in mechanism to tla' core, just like
     linux kernel's lodable module )

  7. merge 4. with tla directly or by using 6.

Note that factored out part (cache generator + valis) isn't
related to ViewCVS at all. so I can declare it pure GPL safely.

Short term plans are 2. and 5.

Just a thought.

       - Tez