[Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] New feature at the mirror + request for help
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:36:31 -0500

Ok. I hope this one gets more attention. Now, at
http://sourcecontrol.net/stats/archivestats.html, you can click on the
archive name and get a list of the categories, branches and versions that
are present.

As a side note, on the search page it sends you to, you can search for
anything you like. For example, I just performed two searches. First, I
searched for "linux", and saw several archives that have linux in it.
Then, I decided to hone it down a bit by typing "dil.*linux" to just get
dillinger's linuxes.

This definitely works as an archive registry.

No, I still don't have an arch browser yet. All of them seem to have an
achilles heel -- they either require a revision library or require building
a cache. While I haven't tried anything that requires building a cache, I
can tell you that building a library of all archives is basically already
too big a job for SC.

Does anybody have a php based archive browser that requires building
neither a library nor a cache?

--
James Blackwell      Using I.T. to bring more             570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix      business to your business     http://inframix.com