Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on windows

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on windows
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:40:22 +0000

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 01:44:14PM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Alternatively, what should I dictate to the only other programmer I work
> with, who's long-term entrenched in Windows and any other environment
> will slow him down for who knows how long (and the frustration would
> kill us)??

I'm not an expert, but wouldn't this work?

- Set up a samba share where his working tree can reside
- Mount that share on windows
- Run the editor and development tools on Windows
- ssh into the linux box to run tla

Since he'd have to learn how to use tla in any tla solution,
what's the problem with this idea?
--
Robin

"So what is 'strong typing'? As best as we can tell, this is a
meaningless phrase, and people often use it in a nonsensical fashion."
-- Shriram Krishnamurthi