Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only

From: Sri Ramkrishna
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:31:45 -0800 (PST)

> >>It doesn't work. Any other tips? :(
> >

> > Lobby for some/all those sanity checks to be turn-off-able.
> > And first and foremost, to get rid of the device-number checks.
>
> Alternate suggestion: code the features you want, then try to get them
> included.  Even if they aren't accepted, you can still use them, and
> star-merge will help you keep up to date with the latest work on tla.

I will certainly use any tla thats NFS friendly.  I work in a large
corporate environment where everything is NFS (or some other global
filesystem like AFS).  So having this kind of resilience with NFS is a
necessary.

If there is an alternative way of doing checks without taking into
consideration inodes | device numbers that would be great.

sri