Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on nfs only
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 02:18:35 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Even if you can't trust they'll stick around, you can make a skeletal
revision library (with your 'library-config' options set), and then make
a tar of it.  If /tmp ever gets cleaned, you can then untar it and start
from scratch.

Does that work?  The inodes will be different, so I can't see how
that'd work.

It doesn't work. Any other tips? :(

Lobby for some/all those sanity checks to be turn-off-able.
And first and foremost, to get rid of the device-number checks.

Here's a microbranch that will disable inode checks on revision libraries and pristines. It also disables the --link option of "get" and "changes", since they often cause library corruption.

address@hidden/tlasrc--dangerous-nochecks--0
http://sourcecontrol.net/~abentley/archives/tlasrc/

I should point out that using this branch will void your warranty. I should also point out that you have no warranty anyway.

Finally, this is a Free Software project, and part of that freedom is the ability to control how your tools work. The change in question is not difficult to make. Lobbying volunteers to make the changes you want doesn't seem a very nice way to operate.

Aaron