Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on nfs only

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla on nfs only
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:48:34 -0500

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:21:38PM +0100, Anders Rune Jensen wrote:

> The problem is that the only non-nfs place I have access to is /tmp. I
> could maybe make a symlink from the ++pristine-trees directory to
> something in /tmp but maybe there is a better solution?

If you can trust that your directories will stick around in /tmp for a
bit (which it sounds like you can), you can use a 'revision library'.
See the appropriate section on the TLA tutorial.

   http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/revision-libraries.html

If the revision you want exists in the library, it will be used instead
of a pristine tree.

You'll need to either 'library-add' the revisions you're interested in,
or set the archive 'greedy'.

Even if you can't trust they'll stick around, you can make a skeletal
revision library (with your 'library-config' options set), and then make
a tar of it.  If /tmp ever gets cleaned, you can then untar it and start
from scratch.