[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: 10 Mar 2004 13:01:23 +0900

The Doctor What <address@hidden> writes:
> Maybe it would be possible to make a voluntary version to
> let you do per file then "whole repository" changesets.  It'd
> probably just be tools to make it easier to do or something.

You can already do that with tla, e.g.:

   tla commit -s'What I did' -- file.c

I often do this to commit a bunch of uncommitted separate changes as
separate changesets.

It'd be nice to be able to do per-hunk commits too, but that's a much
harder problem (not least being the question of just how you _specify_
it to a command-line tool!).  What I usually to do that is use `tla
changes' to make a patch, patch -R to undo all the changes in the
project tree, and then split up the patch into separate patch-files, and
apply and commit each in turn.

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.