[Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt

From: Bradley W Settlemyer
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt
Date: 03 Mar 2004 09:56:11 -0500

Hello,

  I installed arch-1.2pre3 a few days ago, and find that every morning
when I come in, my arch checked out revision is corrupt (tho it was fine
when I left the previous day -- assuming I checked it out fresh).

  In the morning, the first thing I try to do is a tla changes, which
gives the following error:

address@hidden:~/research/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0:261> tla changes
* looking for
address@hidden/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0 to
compare with
corrupt pristine (failed inode signature validation)
    archive: address@hidden
    revision: pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0
    directory
/parl/bradles/research/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0/{arch}/++pristine-trees/unlocked/pvfs2/pvfs2--redundancy/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1/address@hidden/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0
You should remove this pristine from your tree.

Okay, so then I do the following commands which work fine:

address@hidden:~/research/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0:259> tla
categories
pvfs2
address@hidden:~/research/pvfs2--redundancy--0.1--base-0:260> tla
branches pvfs2
pvfs2--mainline
pvfs2--redundancy

So apparently the nightly backup, or the fact that the revision sits on
NFS is breaking it.  My cvs revisions work fine tho.  Please help!

Cheers,
Brad