Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt

From: Ollivier Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:42:38 +0100

According to Thomas Bleher:
> I don't know if it really matters speed-wise, but it may be a good idea to
> teach tla to store temporary files out of tree (configurable of course),
> so the user can choose /tmp or a ram disk when working on NFS.

That would open up windows of race conditions because when a temporary file
is renamed/copied, link(2) can not be used to insure atomicity (this is a
general comment, I've not looked at how tla handles that).
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- address@hidden
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.2.0: Thu Dec 11 16:20:23 PST 2003