Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch checked out revision becomes corrupt
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:24:11 -0500

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:47:03PM +0100, Thomas Bleher wrote:
> Is this a limitation of NFS or a bug in tla?

I'd like to remove the use of device numbers from the inode-signatures that
tla uses; there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to them, and eliminating
them will eliminate one obvious problem with revlibs in NFS.  The thing which
I'm not sure about is whether inode numbers will remain constant.  I don't
think NFS guarantees that they will, but if they do in practice with common
servers, that would be good enough; if they _don't_, then it's a much harder
problem.

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.