[Gnu-arch-users] gpg signing & mirror operations

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] gpg signing & mirror operations
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:13:07 +1100

Ok, there's a little UI issue here.

To cacherev a revision in an already mirrored revision one has to
operate directly on the mirror. The mirror signing scripts though
(-MIRROR) are incompatible with this - one cannot copy the signature for
a non-existent file.

Seems to me the easiest thing to do is when one needs to sign a new file
in a mirror, and the signing/archive-registration file contains the name
of an archive-registration, is to just follow pointers until we get a
non-archive registration value (including the fallback to \=default as
usual).

Thoughts?

Rob