Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:02:35 -0500

Marc Recht wrote:

Right. But IMHO is less a problem to depend on NTFS than any other software package. Most Windows software developers I know use Win2k anyway. The rest uses XP. Only one of them has Cygwin installed (and only because I've forced him to..). Most of the others haven't even heared about Cygwin (sad, but true).
I'd bet this goes for most Windows-Developers.

The problem is dual-booters. Since linux has traditionally had weak NTFS support, my main machine uses Fat32. Installing Cygwin is far less onerous than making an NTFS partition.

Aaron